You may have heard about the “controversy” involved with aloe vera and IBS, or irritable bowel syndrome. However, the skeptics are largely under the impression that no remedy will work unless it’s been developed in a lab with the financial backing of big fat pharma.
The truth is, aloe vera and IBS tend to work hand in hand when it comes to pain alleviation and benefits. Aloe vera is already being used by scores of people who suffer from IBS. Take a look at what this Women’s Fitness website had to say about aloe vera and IBS.
Taken internally, aloe vera juice (processed directly from the gel) appears to ease the discomfort of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in many users, and this has been the main reason for aloe vera’s recent surge in popularity. A scourge of modern living, IBS is caused by abnormal spasms of the gut which are made worse by stressful living and poor diets. The unpleasant symptoms include diarrhoea and constipation, gut pain, bloating and wind.
The dosage of aloe vera used by most IBS sufferers is two teaspoons twice a day, or half this amount diluted with water if using a double strength juice. Flavoured juices – e.g. red grape or tropical fruit – are also available, or for times when using the liquid may be inconvenient, it is also possible to get concentrated aloe vera tablets (but these aren’t thought to be as beneficial over the longer term). Some people claim to notice an immediate effect of aloe vera in IBS, whilst others indicate a more progressive benefit over a few months. – SOURCE
The Truth Behind Aloe Vera and IBS
So what do people with this digestive condition have to say about aloe vera and IBS? Plenty of good things. Check out this breakdown by Natural News.
- Most people have heard of Aloe Vera and will automatically associate it with skin preparations, shampoos and other associated beauty products.
- But that’s only half of the story; Aloe Vera Juice, when taken internally has shown to have great benefits on the digestive system. Notably, aloe vera and IBS have made waves in terms of aiding in digestion and promoting natural, healthy laxatives.
- Aloe Vera Juice has an extremely positive effect on the problems associated with your digestion such as irritable bowel syndrome or IBS (also known as Spastic Colon), Colitis, diverticulitis and Crohn’s disease.
- Irritable bowel syndrome is amongst the most common of digestive illnesses and the symptoms can cause a great deal of pain and discomfort to sufferers including constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion, lower back pain and exhaustion.
- Sufferers of IBS have found that while conventional medicines may bring some relief from the symptoms the pain and suffering usually returns within a short time.
- While it is relatively easy for both medical professionals and sufferers alike to spot the symptoms of IBS, treating the complaint has become something of a nightmare for many sufferers and the use of more natural and homeopathic remedies such as Aloe Vera Juice is proving to be very popular as well as effective.
- When we eat our digestive systems breaks down the food matter so that much needed nutrients are delivered directly to the blood stream, however during this process toxins are produced.
- Normally friendly bacteria that lives naturally in our digestive tract helps to control the levels of toxins and that keeps the toxins from poisoning our bodies and causing illness.
- Aloe Vera and IBS are becoming increasingly more common to see associated with one another, and in terms of the digestive process all together. It helps to break down the impacted matter and bring relief from the build up of toxins in the digestive system. – SOURCE